I am always thinking of ways to be happier and fight off depression and loneliness. It is not as easy some days as it is others. Some days all it takes is someone looking at me the wrong way and bam, down I go. LOW< LOW
Loneliness is a very normal part of ones everyday life. We become sad with many things, such as losing in a relationship or when someone dear to us passes away. Deep sadness will lead to depression. Some depressions can be more severe than loneliness. It could be the beginning of a life-long prison of pain that could eat away at your self-esteem and well-being, not to mention how it tears apart your family and relationships.
Here are some ideas to conquer that very blue mood and fight depression and win self-esteem.
1) Get as much light and sunshine as you possibly can! Lack of exposure to sunlight is responsible for the secretion of the hormone melatonin, which could trigger a very low mood and a low energy desire. Melatonin can only be produced in the dark. It lowers the body temperature and makes you feel sluggish. If you are always cooped up in a room with little to no light, it will be hard to find the will to get up. This is a major reason why many people are suffering from depression and mood swings much more often in winter than in any other seasons. It's because the nights are longer and the days are so much shorter. Take a walk at lunch time if you are stuck at work all day. Replace dull light bulbs with brighter ones. Try to incorporate walking instead of driving whenever you can.
2) Keep busy. Find interesting hobbies that will inspire you. Distractions are always a very good way to avoid falling into that pit of loneliness and depression. Doing things that you enjoy is always fun. You don't have to be rich to be inventive with your thoughts. Take a walk or start running. Get involved in sports. Try to set up frequent dates with a friend or neighbor. Join a craft class. Volunteer at a near by hospital. Start an animal walking club. Offer to babysit for a friend or neighbor. Do some simple redecorating. Read positive books.
3) You need a light to reach out to! In other words, setting a goal for yourself. We all need a reason to wake up in the morning. We all have those bad hair days or days when we just do not want to open our eyes and face reality. Life is just that way at times. This is when you need to be strong in your will and just do it! You need to remind yourself that you are in control of your desires with this day and every other day that you open your eyes to. We all know that a positive mind is the key to being a happier you. Also it is the secret to beating the negative mind. Which will in turn fight the loneliness and depression of a bad day.
4)Relax, meaning totally relax your mind and body. Get out the nice, sweet smelling bath oils and lavish in a warm bubble bath. Don`t forget the soothing music and candles. A nice massage or back rub is definitely in order after all that.
Another thing that so many of us forget to do, or just do not take the time for, is simply having fun. Read a funny joke that will make you laugh. Have you ever just laughed at something and realized that you so needed that? I know that I have many times. Turn up your music and just dance. Feel the music go through your entire body.
5) Eating healthy and doing exercise will surely fight depression and win self esteem. You know the rules, toss the sugar, caffeine, alcohol and fats. Those ingredients will only give you a very small spurt of energy, then you will find yourself looking anxiety right in the eye. There is a saying about yummie tasting fats; "Two seconds on the lips, 2 years on the hips". BOOO! Oh, and remember that alcohol is only a temporary escape, and not a healthy one either. You may find that you become even more depressed when under the influence. Exercise, exercise, or even sexercise. I don`t care how you do it, just do it! You cannot hit depression with a better conquering move than to exert your body physically.
Exercise produces more endorphins than usual in your body. I have heard endorphins being called the "happy chemicals" because of their stress-reducing and happiness-inducing properties. We also know that these are key elements to fight depression and build a stronger self-esteem.
6) Get a life with friends! We are human and we need other human contact. Your circle of friends are there to give you moral support. They offer hugs and smiles and that is a very positive thing. Friends are one of the best medicines for curing loneliness and depression. Never underestimate the power of hugs. Doesn't it feel good when someone hugs you and pats you on the back. Feelings of encouragement during your most challenging times are a must to have. Hug others also. Show them how it feels when they hug you. Family, friends and close intimate relationships are a huge help in your quest to fight depression and win self esteem.
Your happiness is the root to your positive self-esteem. Your health depends on smiles and true positive self-esteem. Depression and loneliness cannot stay in the same mind as high self-esteem, so lets get building on that.
I have just told you the secrets on how to Fight Depression, so just do it and Win Self-Esteem!
Yes.. there is now a donation button in several spots around the selfesteem forum and the website.
This was not my idea...it actually came from a few of the self-esteem members as they understand the amount of time and monies that it takes to bring all of the information and self-esteem support to these pages for all of you.
The donation is set at its minimum of $1.00.
So ...do feel free to support womensselfesteem.com so that we can continue to support you!
Thank you so much in advance!