A delicious, incredibly easy way to dress up fresh apples for an quick snack. Enjoyed by both kids and adults alike.
teaspoon cinnamin (or more/less - how you prefer.)
- Cut up apple (with or without skin - your choice) into bite sized chunks.
- Put the chopped apple into a container with a lid (ex. an empty margarine container).
- Sprinkle on the cinnamon, put the lid on the container, and gently shake so cinnamon covers apple.
- Eat and enjoy immediately.
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 1/3 c. red seedless grapes
- 1/3 c. green seedless grapes
- 2/3 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 c. dried coconut, shredded
- 2 wooden skewer sticks
- large plate
- Prepare the fruit by washing the grapes, washing the apples and cutting them into small squares, peeling the bananas and cutting them into chunks, and cutting the pineapple into chunks, if it's fresh. Put the fruit onto a large plate.
- Spread coconut onto another large plate.
- Slide pieces of fruit onto the skewer and design your own kabob by putting as much or as little of whatever fruit you want! Do this until the stick is almost covered from end to end.
- Hold your kabob at the ends and roll it in the yogurt, so the fruit gets covered. Then roll it in the coconut.
- Repeat these steps with another skewer.
(Simple and quick)
- Mini or Regular Waffles
- Banana slices
- Peanut butter
Toast waffles then layer with peanut butter, jelly, banana slice, and top with a waffle.
4 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
¼ red onion, minced
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded (optional) and diced
½ bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
salt and pepper, freshly ground to taste
1. concerning the jalapenos and its seeds. (For more heat, keep the seeds and chop.)
2. Chop the cilantro and dice the tomato, onion and peppers. Put everything in the bowl and mix.
Yummy Fruit dip
Yummy Fruit Dip
- 1 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 jar marshmallow creme
Soften cream cheese. Cream ingredients together. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with fresh fruit.
Makes 15 one tablespoon servings.
- 6-8 qt. popped corn (no salt)
- 2 sticks margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 tsp. salt (optional)
Cook to soft ball stage at 245°F.
After syrup is cooked, remove from heat. Add 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla and stir. It will become foamy. Dribble over popcorn and mix. Put in oven at 250°F. Bake 40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Makes 20 to 24 one cup servings.
Whisk together 1/4 cup catsup, 2 tsp. cider vinegar, 2 tsp. brown sugar and 1 package taco seasoning mix. Pour over 3 lbs. of chicken wings (remove tip portion and cut remainder into 2 pieces.) Microwave on high for 12 minutes.
Makes 10 two-piece servings.
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 pkg. Taco seasoning mix
Mix all ingredients with hand mixer. Spread on plate or cookie sheet. Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced green onions and shredded cheddar cheese. Serve with nacho chips. This can be doubled easily - assemble near party time to prevent a soggy dip!
Makes 16 one tablespoon servings
Honey mustard Pretzels
|1/4 cup margarine or butter|
|1/4 cup honey mustard|
|1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1/4 teaspoon garlic powder|
| Several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce|
10 cups small pretzels
|1. Melt margarine or butter in a small saucepan. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in honey mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce. Place pretzels in a foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan. |
|2. Pour mustard mixture over pretzels; toss gently to coat. Bake in a 300 degree F oven for 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Spread on foil; cool. Store in an airtight container. Makes 15 (2/3 cup) servings. |
|Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare, bake, and cool the pretzel snack. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days. |
Chewy Granola Goodies
|1. Line a 13x9x2-inch pan with foil. Butter foil. Set aside. |
|2. In a large saucepan combine the marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir mixture until the marshmallows are melted. |
|3. Stir in granola with raisins, crisp rice cereal, and sunflower nuts. |
|4. Press mixture into the prepared pan. Cool. Remove foil lining with uncut bars from pan. Cut into bars. Makes 24 servings. |
|1 10-ounce bag regular marshmallows|
|1/4 cup butter or margarine|
|4 cups granola with raisins|
|1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal|
1/2 cup sunflower nuts
Oat And Nut crunch Mix
|4 cups sweetened oat square cereal or brown sugar-flavored oat biscuit cereal|
|1/2 cup sliced almonds|
|2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted|
|1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice|
| Dash salt|
1 cup dried cherries and/or light raisins
|1. In a 15x10x1-inch baking pan combine cereal and almonds. In a small bowl stir together melted butter, apple pie spice, and salt. Drizzle butter mixture over cereal mixture; toss to coat. |
|2. Bake in a 300 degree F oven about 20 minutes or until almonds are toasted, stirring once during baking. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Stir in dried cherries. Cool completely. Store in a tightly covered container at room temperature up to 1 week. Makes 20 servings (5 cups)|